Thursday, May 15, 2008

Casting Call: ‘Beavis & Butt-Head, The Live-Action Movie’

Casting Call: ‘Beavis & Butt-Head, The Live-Action Movie’

Published by Larry Carroll .


Beavis & Butt-HeadIn the eyes of an entire generation, man’s eternal struggle to define himself and his purpose is best summed up by nine immortal words.

“I am Cornholio! I need T.P. for my bunghole!”

Recently, we were able to get a rare interview with Mike Judge, the creator of such pop-culture goodies as “Beavis & Butt-Head,” “Office Space,” “Idiocracy” and “King of the Hill.” In addition to unearthing major details about his next film “Extract,” Judge told us that Beavis & Butt-head are making their return in a brief intro to Volume 3 of his cartoon festival “Animation Show,” and could soon become a live-action movie.

“For some reason, I used to hate the idea for years,” he said of a “Beavis & Butt-head” movie starring two living, breathing, heh-heh-heh-ing actors. “Now, I think maybe there’s something there.”

Naturally, the next step is imagining two actors who could step into the roles. (Click here for more of Judge’s thoughts on a live-action B&&B movie)

My first thought was to imagine Seann William Scott as Beavis, and although he might be getting a bit old, I can still imagine him pulling his t-shirt up over his head and calling upon “The Almighty Bunghole.” Judge agreed with the name but wanted Scott to play the other half of the duo, reasoning: “I guess Seann William Scott’s kinda got Butt-Head eyes.”

Judge also remembered that Johnny Depp once wanted to play Beavis – with Marlon Brando as Butt-Head! For my money, I could see Topher Grace as Butt-Head, slapping Seann William Scott upside the head and dismissively muttering “dumb-ass.” Then again, Jon Heder would seem to have been born for the role.

Dust off that casting couch, my fellow Burger World employees, and tell me what you think: Is a live-action “Beavis & Butt-Head” movie a good idea? What actors would you cast in the main roles?

No comments: